SNAP (Swiss National Application Laboratory for Photonic tools and manufacturing) offers consulting services and recommends the best suitable institute, the best approach and drives its implementation. The involved institutes then give the SME assistance for CTI projects if technology development is needed to solve the problem. SNAP is the prime test bed for advanced Swiss laser beam source developing companies and it promotes photonic tools and photonic manufacturing.
Laser beam material processing covers:
- Laser micromachining and drilling of almost any material, i.e. metals, textiles, tissue, ceramics, glass, plastic and carbon composites
- Functional structures on surfaces
- Laser welding, soldering and brazing
- 3D-Laser surface treatment of many materials (polishing, hardening, structuring, marking, engraving,)
- Rapid manufacturing, 3D printing
Through the close cooperation of several institutes we are able to provide services that require specialized expertise or equipment, which extends beyond the scope of a single institution.
SNAP conducts one tutorial seminar at the yearly EPMT trade-show in Geneva and holds several workshops per year on the latest progress to advance the laser machining technology and tools.